Graffiti: What We Are Doing
In August 2007, the City of Riverside approved the Graffiti Enhancement Plan to direct a zero tolerance and multifaceted attack on graffiti. Working together with other agencies we are:
- Educating the public to prevent graffiti
- Promoting community involvement
- Rewarding the public for calls that lead to arrest
- Rapidly responding to and removing graffiti
- Documenting and tracking graffiti offenders
- Aggressively arresting and prosecuting all graffiti offenders
Citywide Graffiti Statistics
We know that one of the best deterrents to graffiti is the rapid removal of graffiti defacement. It discourages taggers from returning to an area and it keeps neighborhoods attractive and clean.
When calls come into the city's Call Center, graffiti removal crews are dispatched and the damage is repaired as quickly as possible.
Did You Know?
The City of Riverside averages graffiti removal within 24 hours of reporting!